Friday, October 25, 2013

Pumpkin and corn

Before I left school today, I checked our Indian Corn and pumpkin so see if they had changed.  The corn has continued to grow, but I'm afraid its days are numbered.  :(  It's starting to get kind of gross looking and I have a feeling it will need to be thrown away on Monday.  I will post one more set of pictures next week and show it to the kids one last time.  Overall, I really liked the experiment and the kids loved watching the corn everyday.  If you try the experiment, it doesn't take long for the corn to sprout, but it doesn't last long either.  Here are a couple pictures but they are pretty blurry.




The pumpkin has started to sprout! :)  I can't wait to show the kids next week!  They will be so excited!  I counted at least 5, maybe 6 pumpkin sprouts.  I'm hopping they will fully sprout over the weekend.  In the meantime, here are some pictures of the baby sprouts!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Fair display