Thursday, August 27, 2015

"These are a few of my favorite things!"

I LOVE the Kohl's Cares for Kids merchandise!  Good quality, hard back books and stuffed animals to go along with the books for $5.00 a piece!  You can't beat that AND 100% of the proceeds go to local children's hospitals.  Double win!  The kids love them too!  I use the books and stuffed animals in a variety of ways in the classroom.  Read the books to the class, students read on their own or with a friend, cuddle with the animals at rest time, also play and read with the animals during centers.  Many times I have caught the students using the animals as reading buddies and they are "reading" to the group of animals arranged around them.

Right now, the "If You Give a...." books by Laura Numeroff are the featured book  and stuffed animals.

 
The red mouse is from a couple years ago and goes with "If You Take a Mouse to the Movies."

Also, here's a picture of a small portion of Kohl's stuffed animals I have in my collection.  And when I say small, I mean small! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fair display